Client Privacy Statement
As a Counsellor I have a responsibility to protect your confidentiality within legal boundaries.
I will not divulge information to anyone that you do not give me written permission to do so.
I will also keep any information about you locked away in a secure filing cabinet.
Circumstances where I will need to break confidentiality
- If you plan to commit suicide by contacting your local Area Mental Health Services.
- If you plan to harm someone by contacting the Police.
- If you inform me of any child abuse situation that the Department of Human Services has not already been involved with.
- If you inform me that you have been sexually abused by a registered health care professional. I am obligated report this to the relevant governing association.
- If your case notes are subpoenaed by Court. I am obligated to provide a copy of all notes that I have pertaining to your file. I can also be subpoenaed to provide testimony.
At AMIA we collect information about our users to enable the purchase and delivery of goods through our online shop.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will not share your information with others without your consent. We will not share any individual user details (including your email address) to any third party without your consent.
What information do we collect?
We collect information on our customers when you make a purchase through our shop.
We will collect your name, postal and email addresses, payment information and information about your order. Payment information is then transmitted and processed securely and is NOT held on our servers.
Who will have access to your information?
You have control over who is able to access specific items of information. By default your information will not be visible to anyone else using the site.
What else you should know about privacy
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet that this information can be collected and used by others. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your usernames and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet.
Our pages contain links to other websites and should be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices on other websites.