Basic cognitive strategies in how to reduce Anger
By asking yourself the below questions and using them to guide your thoughts and actions your will be in more control of your anger
How you become angry?
What issues or qualities in people cause you to become angry?
Why you become angry as it is a secondary emotion-What is behind why you feel the way you do?
When are you are most likely to become angry- Is there a pattern or trigger that can be reduced?
What makes your level of anger worse?
There are many other strategies contained in the Anger Management Manuals that AMIA sells
Want to know more about how Anger affects you. Why not do the Anger Management Quiz
Some fantastic links that discuss further strategies
- Beyond Blue - Good webpage for depression and anxiety and has numerous fact sheets under the resources drop down menu.
- What and How Anger affects people
- Anxiety Disorders Association of Victoria - Great webpage for all anxiety disorders.
- Youth Beyond Blue - Great website for young people
- Better Health Fact Sheet to reduce workplace anger
- Better Health article on how anger affects people
- Reachout - Contains a lot of good general information, with a section on anger management
- Lifeline - Has a wealth of information that is very practical
- MensLine Australia - Very useful website for Men going through significant tranistions in their life
- Australian Psychological Society- Fact Sheet on Anger
- Americian Psychological Association- Information on Anger
- Causes of Anger- Interesting reading
- Detailed article on Anger and the importance of knowing your Early Warning Signs
- Strategies to reduce Anger- Very practical tips from Sydney University
- Courses on Anger Management via Relationships Australia
- Definition on Anger from Wikipedia with strategies
- Article on how Anger can be a stage of Grief
- Anger Management movie link in which is not how AMIA runs Anger Management Courses
- Great website for many tips and strategies to reduce anger
- Extensive list of strategies in making changes to control anger
- Great data base of various aspects of anger management
- Young persons webpage on anger
- Information on whether you have an anger management issue
- Australian Government Department information on Anger
- Extensive Anger Management Quiz
- Resource Sheet on Anger that discusses relaxation strategies
Other useful webpages for more general information